Sunday, January 7, 2007

The second step



After the freezer paper templates are cut out I iron them onto the wrong side of the fabric. I then draw around each piece with my mechanical pencil and I also use a ruler and draw a 1/4 inch cutting line. It is an extra step to draw the cutting line, but I like that I end up with a fairly even seam that way. My freehand cutting skills are pretty poor.



Posted by Picasa
The pieces all go back in the little plastic sandwich bags and are now ready for whenever I can get to stitching them together. There is the little strip of paper with the block name and number in the bag as well. At the time when I get the blocks ready to stitch I use the book and look up the block and see how the pieces go together. I use both the CD and the book to put the blocks together.

No comments: